- Dolores Huerta, “Huelga,” during grape strike, Delano, California, Sept. 24, 1965Harvey Wilson Richards. Harvey Richards Media Archive
Holocaust Museum Houston is honored to present “Community Changemakers: Join the Conversation” Breakfast featuring Dolores Huerta on Friday, December 6th from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. At 89 years of age, Huerta is one of the most influential labor activists of the 20th century and a living civil rights icon. She will speak about her work, followed by a panel of inspiring Houstonian women who will discuss their background, roles in our community and how they are striving to make a difference in our world.
Panelists are as follows:
- Cyndy Garza Roberts, Director of Community Impact/External Affairs, Comcast
- Karina Gonzalez Edwards, Principal, Houston Ballet
- The Honorable Lina Hidalgo, Harris County Judge
- Laura Jaramillo, SVP/Community Development Manager, Wells Fargo
- Dr. Laura Murillo, CEO, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
For questions regarding the event or to purchase a breakfast table or tickets, please contact Rocio Rubio at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-527-1638.