Journey of Jewish Heritage Informational Meeting
- The Remuh Synagogue in Krakow, Poland. Photo courtesy of Polish National Tourism Board.
Learn more about the Museum’s upcoming trip to the Lithuania and Poland.
Some highlights from the trip include:
- Take an in-depth tour of Vilnius’ old Jewish Quarter, including the beautifully restored Choral Synagogue, the Holocaust Museum, and the cemetery where the most respected Talmudic scholar of Vilnius is buried.
- Visit the moving memorial at Ponary Forest, where more than 100,000 Jews were marched to their execution during the Holocaust.
- Take in places relevant to The Book Smugglers including the sites of the Strashan Library, the Vilnius Judehrat Offices, and the Vilna Ghetto Theater.
- Survey the sites and memorials of the Warsaw Ghetto and the historic resistance of its 1943 uprising.
- Gather for an evening Shabbat dinner with the local community at Krakow’s Jewish Community Center.
- Enjoy lunch and a meeting with a survivor of the Holocaust at a specially arranged presentation hosted by an expert staff member of the Galicja Jewish History Museum.
- Pay a visit of remembrance at both Auschwitz and Treblinka.