Yahad – In Unum (“Together in One” in Hebrew and Latin), a Paris-based non-profit organization established in 2004 by Father Patrick Desbois, is dedicated to systematically identifying and documenting sites of those mass executions committed against the Jews and Roma in Eastern Europe. To this day, through its research, the association has conducted 185 research trips in eleven Eastern European countries, collected 7,250 testimonies of eyewitnesses to the mass shootings, and identified more than 3,000 extermination sites. YIU’s unique collection of testimonies has been made available to educate the world.
Through this 2 hour webinar, Yahad-In Unum aims at providing teachers and educators with a condensed overview of this little-known chapter of the Holocaust history, an outline of our research methodology and a number of educational tools to be used in an online or face-to-face classroom setting.
Program of the webinar:
- Short overview of the Holocaust by Bullets as a mobile and public crime
- Short overview of Yahad – In Unum’s investigative methodology
- Viewing and analysis of an excerpt from an eyewitness testimony
- Analysis of the five steps of the crime typical of nearly every mass-shooting perpetrated by the Einsatzgruppen in the former Soviet Union
- Presentation of In Evidence, the interactive map of the killing sites identified by Yahad – In Unum and of different ways for its pedagogical use
- Presentation of Yahad – In Unum’s Study Guide for Educators and its various activities to be used in a virtual or face-to-face classroom setting