Collections End June 30.
In an effort to remember them, Holocaust Museum Houston has been collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies to represent the 1.5 million children who perished in the Holocaust.
The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition for all to remember. The exhibition dates will be announced once an appropriate venue has been selected.
Although we have reached our goal, the Museum will continue to collect butterflies from schools and others who have campaigns in progress.
For instructions, please see the “I Never Saw Another Butterfly” activity and create as many handmade arts-and-crafts butterflies as possible. This project may be completed by all ages as individuals or groups.
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter and all glitter-related products should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
- If possible, e-mail a photograph of your butterflies, to email@example.com.
Download the Free Adobe Flash Player
Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum
by June 30, 2013, using the submission form on the right side of this page. We can no longer accept submissions after June 30, 2013. For more details, click the Frequently Asked Questions link on the right side of this page.
Mail or bring your butterflies to:
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
For questions or additional information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.