Holocaust Museum Houston established the Guardian of the Human Spirit award in 1997 as a platform for acknowledging dedicated Houstonians who have worked to enhance the lives of others and to better humankind.
Proceeds from our annual luncheon presentation of this award are used to continue the Museum's worldwide educational programming and its policy of free admission to the general public seven days a week so that there is never a financial barrier to anyone interested in learning the lessons of the Holocaust. Last year’s event drew more than 700 attendees.
This year's recipients are Holocaust Survivor Edith Mincberg and her late husband Josef Mincberg.
They will receive the award Monday, Nov. 3, 2014 at the Westin Galleria Hotel, 5060 W. Alabama, Houston, TX 77056. For tickets or table information, call 713-942-8000, ext. 112 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 2013 Holocaust survivor William J. "Bill" Morgan and business leader Murry Bowden
- 2012 The Harry Mach Family
- 2011 Kipp Founders Mike Feinberg and Dave Levin
- 2010 Mayor Annise Parker
- 2009 Barbara and Gerald Hines
- 2008 Marc J. Shapiro
- 2007 Lester and Sue Smith
- 2006 Sandra Weiner and Martin Fein
- 2005 Naomi Warren and Fred Zeidman
- 2004 Joan and Stanford Alexander
- 2003 Ed Wulfe and H-E-B
- 2002 Jack Blanton and The Houston Chronicle
- 2000 Linda P. Lay and Siegi Izakson
- 1999 The Rev. William A. Lawson and Julie and Ben Rogers
- 1997 Ron Stone